Daymond John on Shark Tank
Daymond John is what one would call a true inspiration to all entrepreneur's. A real life inspiration to anyone with an idea and the guts to make it a reality. Daymond got the entrepreneur bug while still in High School participating in a co-op program. After a handful of businesses, John got his first inspiration for FUBU when wool hats with the cut off tops were still popular. Having a flare for style, Daymond made 80
hats and took them to the New York Coliseum where he could find a large audience that he was marketing to. Long story short, Daymond John sold his hats for half the price of the competition and sold out in record time making him $800 on the very first day.
Daymond John and FUBU
Understanding the importance of branding at an early age, John started putting the FUBU logo on everything from t-shirts to jerseys. The FUBU brand was catching on but needed a boost. John desperately needed a loan to set up the FUBU Factory to mass produce his line. He was denied a bank loan 27 times in a row but he still refused to give up on his dream. Most people would of given up after hearing NO after the 3rd or 4th bank, but this just made Daymond more determined then ever that he was still going to succeed no matter what the "experts say".
Daymond eventually was able to secure a second mortgage that was "just enough" and a little risky no doubt, but John just kept focusing on the bigger picture. In his mind FUBU was ALREADY an International Brand.
The big marketing boost came from an old friend from his neighborhood by the name of L.L.Cool J.
The FUBU Brand has continued to grow in popularity with sales now totaling in excess of $6 billion.
Not to bad for a kid with a dream that refused to take no for an answer and changed the fashion world in the process. Not surprising, Johns favorite books are "Think and Grow Rich" and "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". Two classics that many multi-millionaires and billionaires ALL HAVE IN COMMON.
Daymond John's Invests in 10 Businesses During Season One
Daymond John has been on the Shark Tank from day one. He was also the second most active Shark in the Shark Tank completing 10 deals which most of them have become very successful and continue to thrive long after their appearance on the Show
Daymond's Successful Deals Season 1
Successful Deals Season 2
Daymond Wins "Top Shark Award" for completing the most deals during a shortened second season. He successfully completes 6 deals out of 10 episodes with a total of 7 Sharks competing.
- First defense Nasal Spray - Co-Owner with Kevin O'Leary & Mark Cuban for 750k and 30%.
- HillBilly Brand - Bought with Jeff Foxworthy& Robert Herjevic for 75k and 7% royalty.
- Sweep Easy - Daymond buys 33% stake for $75k.
- Wurkin Stiffs - Buys 20% for 100k with Daymond John
- FlipOutz - Made deal for $100k and 33% stake with Robert Herjevic & Kevin O'Leary
- One Sole - Daymond John goes into the sole business for $500k and 35% of the business.
Daymond John Successful Deals Season 3
- The Last Lid - Gets 60% of the company for $40k.
- Litter - Daymond goes in the deal with Mark Cuban for $80k for 51% of the company.
- Go Go Gear - Buys a 50% stake for $300k Cash.
- EZ VIP - Daymond goes in with Mark Cuban and gets 15% equity stake for $150k.
- Remyxx - Deal for 80% of the company for $50k
- Billy Blanks "Dance With Me" - Daymond and Mark go in 50/50 for $100k.
Successful Deals in Season 4
- Buggy Beds - All 5 Sharks take a bite out of the Bug Bed Business for $250k and 25% of the business.
- Cate App - Goes in with Kevin O'Leary for a combined $70k and gets a 35% stake in the company.
- Rock Bands Brand - Makes a deal with Mark Cuban for 40% of the company for a combined $100k investment.
- Cozy Bugs - Daymond invests $50k for 30% interest. Sales expected to hit $20 million this year!
- Pro-NRG Energy Drink - Buys into the energy drink for $250k for a 30% stake in the company.
Daymond John Motivational Speaker
Daymond is such an inspiration that he has become a motivational speaker in high demand. He is also an accomplished writer with two books "Display of Power" and "The Brand Within". You can find both books at Daymond's Store on His Official Website.
Daymond John's Net Worth?Daymond John has made the majority of his money from being the CEO and President of FUBU. John's net worth is currently in excess of $100,000,000.00 and climbing fast as more successful deals are completed.
Get A Hold Of Daymond JohnDaymond John's Twitter @TheSharkDaymond
Daymond John - Website
Daymond John - LinkedIn