Scrub Daddy

Scrub Daddy on Shark Tank Show

Scratch Free Scrubber - Season 4 - Episode 403

 So how do you get the Sharks competing for your business. You invent a Scrub Daddy and continuously keep selling out on QVC three times in a row. Aaron Krause came into the Shark Tank looking for $100k for 10% of the business valuating it at a Cool Million Dollars. Sales in the first 4 months have already reached over $100k.
Shark Tank Success already had Lori Greiner pegged to make an offer on the Scratch Free ScrubDaddy as it seems a perfect fit to include in her line of products. They don't call Greiner the QVC Queen for nothing and she really wanted to add this product to her collection. We also expected another big blow up between Lori and her arch rival, Daymond John via their conversation on Twitter before the show ran. Right before the Shark Tank went to break, it was obvious
those two were going to go at it, again. What wasn't so obvious was the fact that this little Scrub Daddy was going to start a large bidding war going into Krause's favor.

Kevin O'Leary actually made a very reasonable offer (after he tried to steal half the company) in which he would just play the banker role without getting his hands dirty. O'Leary offered Krause the $100k he was looking for and did not want any percentage of the company. Instead he wanted a royalty of 50 cents for every Scrub Daddy Scrubber sold until he got his money back. He then wanted 10 cents a scrubber in perpetuity.(for ever)

;Kevin was quickly silenced as the bidding war between Daymond and Lori reached an unprecedented double the asking price. Greiner was not going to let this go and John knew it. Daymond then quickly withdraws his offer and announces he has just screwd Lori out of an extra $100k. Smartly played I must say.
Never the less Lori Greiner made the deal for $200k and 20% of the Scrub Daddy Enterprise. She obviously was aware of the QVC numbers and was probably willing to go much higher given the potential this product has.

Order Your Scrub Daddy Here
UPDATE: Lori Greiner wasted no time on getting to work on this product. Lori and Aaron Krause were on the QVC Channel the day after the airing of the Shark Tank. The Scrub Daddy sold out in 6 minutes. Now That's A Success Story!

28 comments:

  1. Partnering with Lori is a dream come true! You can watch us sell over 70,000 Scrub Daddys in about 6 minutes together for the first time here:
    http://www.qvc.com/Scrub-Daddy-Set-of-6-Flex-Texture-Scratch-Free-CleaningSponges-Search-Results.product.V31658.html?sc=V31658-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-V31658&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/v/58/v31658.001?$uslarge$

    and get ready for Scrub Daddy to be smiling in a store near you SOON! Thanks for all the support Shark Tank fans! WE LOVE YOU!
    Aaron "The Daddy of The Scrub Daddy"
    www.getscrubdaddy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. congrats, I was so impressed watching you on the show and to see how successful Lori has made this product.

      Way to go.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:22 AM

      I love the scrubby daddy. I saw it on a rerun of Shark tank and headed straight to Bed Bath and Beyond.

      Delete
  2. According to the video, they sold 7,000, not 70,000...a slight difference, just for accuracy's sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      Just a point of accuracy...
      As I stated above we sold over 70,000 Scrub Daddys in about 6 minutes, and its TRUE.
      We sold 8000 SETS of 6 on the show, 7000 before we went off air, and then QVC went into back order of 4000 SETS of 6. That is 12,000 sets of 6 or 72,000 Scrub Daddys as I stated accuratly.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:32 AM

      I would like to be a marketing rep in my state at retail outlets and fairs craft show trade shows ect would that be a possibility if so what do I need to do?

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:33 AM

    You must of sold over a million scrub daddy's by now. Cool invention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:37 AM

      it's 'must haVE' NOT MUST OF, JUST SAYING

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Thank you also that these are MADE IN THE USA!!

    I look forward to using these in many places throughout my home. Have to keep the house clean so may as well smile while doing it.

    What has been the response on scrubbing the tub with this? Thanks :)

    PS ~ David, don't be an angry elf. Be happy for Scrub Daddy's success ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:13 PM

      When I saw the Scrub Daddy I had to go get one. But FYI are they really made in the USA? Mine says made in Germany

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:39 PM

      They recently started making them in Germany for cost reasons.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:58 AM

    When we find this product in stores. I stay in NJ and is waiting for this product since Shark Tank went live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:51 PM

    I just got my wife to watch this part of Shark Tank. She immediately said "I'd buy that"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:47 PM

    I'm buying that product !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As soon as I saw it, being a woman, mom and running a business myself...Lori is going to look at that and instantly know that is a winner. The one episode I deleted early! So, I had to run to the internet so I could see how this turned out! That is awesome Scrub Daddy and Lori! Congratulations! You showed those guys! I was cringing when I saw what Daymond said. I was soooo glad you stuck it to him Lori! Really terrific!I never thought I could be so inspired and motivated by a smiley face sponge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:26 AM

    GREAT DEMO, GREAT PRODUCT, GOOD JOB SCRUBDADDY! I AM ANXIOUS TO GET MY HANDS ON ONE OF THOSE SMILEY FACES. HOW DOES IT DO AT SCRUBING RUST SPOTS ON THE BATH TUB? I WOULD HAVE LIKE TO HAVE SEEN YOU EMPHASIZING THE CLEANING IS CHEMICAL FREE, ECO-FRIENLY AND NON-ALLERGENIC. THESE ARE IMPORTANT POINTS OF THIS GOING GREEN PRODUCT, THAT HAPPENS TO BE YELLOW. CONGRATULATIONS AND SMILE ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's absolutely incredible. I just started watching shark take maybe 2 weeks ago, so I saw this for the first time last night. Very exciting for you! I bought 4 myself last night off amazon. When does the rest of the Scrub Family come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i want a scrub daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:25 PM

    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR REPLACING MY MOM'S SKANKY WHITE WASHCLOTH THAT WAS NEVER CLEAN ENOUGH NOT TO HAVE ME BLEACH IT DAILY.

    SELLING AT BED BATH AND BEYOND MADE THIS EVEN EASIER. I WATCH SHARK TANK NOW BECAUSE I LOOK FOR MORE PRODUCTS LIKE YOURS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:15 PM

    I purchased a set of six from QVC when they first came out. They are fantastic!! Lori + Aaron the scrub baby family
    coming in the future? Aaron, the design absolutely works cleaning any hard to clean pots,pans and the entire bathroom.
    Finally, a product that works better then advertised!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous2:16 PM

    Can't WAIT TO BE ABLE TO BUY THIS PRODUCT IN A STORE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:19 AM

    I took a scrub daddy from my friend and I love it. I'm going to by more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought one at Bed Bath and Beyond...it is amazing!!! Used in in the shower...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Suggestion: Since its Made in Germany NOT China Print the Words MADE IN GERMANY in LARGE PRINT on the Box. Maybe in 3 or 4 Places. When I saw it was made in Germany I Bought 10 to give away as Gifts. If it was Chinese I would Not have Purchased Any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:56 PM

      I love the Scrub Daddy. It cleaned better than anything I had tried in the past.

      Delete
  18. Awesome product.. I saw this episode on tv. Bought one at Walmart. But went to get another one and couldnt find it. I won't use a brush evet again. The scrub daddy is the Best I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous11:04 AM

    It may be a good product but before I buy on QVC or even HSN I check out other sources of purchase. QVC wants 18.90 for 6 of them. Plus almost $6.00 for shipping. If you're not sure if you really want to spend all that money at once (saying that because I've looked at a lot of websites with product comments and there's way too many negative ones for me to spend all that money without trying first), then go to Bed, Bath & Beyond. They also have them. They're $3.99 each. Then if you like them you can buy more.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing success story, love the innovation, idea and drive to create a new business.

    ReplyDelete