Hot Tot Hair Care

Hot Tot Hair Products on Shark Tank

Season 4 - Episode 412 - 1/4/2013
Megan on the Shark Tank
Megan Gage Owner of Hot Tot Hair Products
 Megan Gage the owner of Hot Tot Hair Products has one inspiring story to tell to all aspiring entrepreneurs. What started out from a Google search on environmentally friendly shampoo for her new born Son, ultimately ends her on the biggest business stage in U.S. History, The Shark Tank Show. After researching what goes into some of the shampoo used for kids, Gage knew she could come up with a better product. Not only a new healthier shampoo for kids but a brand new fragrance which was one of the key ingredients in her success.

After a Google Search for private label hair care products put Gage on the right track, it wasn't long before she was searching for a cosmetic company to design her own shampoo. Before giving birth to her first child and becoming a stay at home mom, Megan was a social worker with no previous experience in the hair care industry. They finally found a formulator in Canada and began the process late in 2010. It wasn't until April of 2011 until Gage finally had samples of her new hair care products.

Putting the Hot Tot in High Gear To Success






Hot Tot featured on the Shark Tank ShowMegan had the samples of her new shampoo and was still in the testing phase with no big plan's of mass producing her product, yet. She decided to write a press release featuring the Hot Tot Shampoo's benefit's over the big brand names. Within hours Gage receives an email from Pregnancy and New Born Magazine requesting samples of her product. Keep in mind this was just a little over a year and a half ago. The editor also just had a baby and tried the Hot Tot shampoo first hand. She Loved It! They took photos of her baby and Featured Hot Tot in August of 2011. While this didn't lead to a lot of new sales just yet, it did give the product a sense of credibility and a super motivational push that she knew she was on to something. In all, over 100 magazines and websites would pick up her press release catapulting the Hot Tot products online.

In March of 2012, Parenting Magazine did a feature story and that's when the sales went Thu the roof. That one little Google Search was starting to pay off in a big way as orders continued for several months after the article came out.

Hot Tot was started on a budget of only $40,000. Not much money to break into the cosmetics industry, but with a quality product, Megan has been growing the Hot Tot Business one baby at a time.
As of August of this year, Gage claims they are not making any money yet, mostly because she invests most of it back in inventory and new products for her expanding line. At this time the Hot Tot Brand is sold in over 50 retail locations and growing fast. She even has expanded the Hot Tot Brand into Asia as she ambitiously wants to expand world wide with the famous "Made In The U.S.A." proudly displayed.

So what do you think? Does Megan Gage and the Hot Tot Brand have what it takes to get a Deal on the Shark Tank Show? Before you answer that question, you might want to take a look at this video below.
----

For being a social worker just a few short years ago and zero business back ground to speak of, Megan sure comes across as very knowledgeable in all aspects of the cosmetics industry and the business savvy to take the Hot Tot Brand To The Very Top!

Good Luck Megan!

More Information on the Hot Tot Hair Products For Children
Find Megan Gage on FaceBook
Follow Megan and Hot Tot on Twitter

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:03 PM

    I live in Orange Park Fl and would like to buy some of this hair care products, Where can I find this in my area. Just can't find on your web site. I keep going to a blank page. Can you help me. Mary Mayshack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:54 PM

      I just went to her website and had no problems with it. I googled hot tot hair products and found it that way.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Me too! I would love to use these products on my children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:11 AM

    here's the website- www.hottot.com I love this stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:06 AM

    The website says free shipping for orders over $100 but there is no code to apply it to the total. My cart came to $113 and it still charges me shipping (which is then $169 and some change). How do I get the free shipping before I give my credit card number?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda3:20 AM

    Or you could look at the article above you and see the links to all her sites. Geese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:33 AM

    I have a 4 month old and wanted him to have a mohawk in his newborn pictures but no product I found I would put in his hair. I would buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:18 AM

    I love this idea but I do think Megan and the shark tank are limiting the market. I have coarse natural black hair and most of the time, I use a Kid's de-tangler because it works better than the crap for adults. Also, I like many others with allergies, have skin issues (the wrong shampoo makes my scalp feel itchy and sometimes even burns) and I am all for gentle cleansers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:02 PM

      You make a wonderful point about limiting the market. I know people who use children's products for those same reasons. It did not dawn on me while I was watching the show that there is such a potential. You should contact her using one of the links to her sites.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:50 AM

      what are you talking about? Your hair is not her market.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous8:08 PM

    Just watched the show on 5-24-13 good luck to her what stores sell it? ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:54 PM

    I watched Shark Tank tonight and thought this was a great idea! I could relate to having kids living with eczema. Soaps and lotions would cause so much discomfort they couldn't stand to use them, and would bring them to tears. I also like the packaging because I think it would work for older children, preteen to teen with a little name expansion. Also it is very hard to find lotions and cleansers that are nut free for those with nut allergies. I love the scented lotions at Bath and Body Works, but I have to worry about the shea butter, almond, and other nut oils because my child has tree nut allergies. As my child grows older, I know it would be nice to have fine hypogenic cosmetics to grow up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:40 PM

    My kids grew up with Johnson & Johnson no tears baby Shampoo with no problem, and there is no reason that your product can't have a kids logo or something else on it that will appeal to children! You are competing in a tough market, and kids could give a rat's behind what their hair looks like-they just want to be kids! I wish you well because you will need it when you are competing with the big guys who have already cornered the market-you truly are swimming in the shark tank and hope you do not get swallowed up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice blog...... Hot Tot Hair Products seems to be very useful.... I would like to try them if i could buy them in Australia.... Nice work, keep it up.

    Hair Stylist Brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Shark Tank "Shark" Books