Grace and Lace

Grace & Lace on Shark Tank

Custom Boot Socks/ Leg Warmers - Episode 511 - 11/22/2013
 
Grace And Lace seen episode 511 -11/22/1013
Owners Rick & Melissa Hinnant
of "Grace and Lace"  on the
Shark Tank Show
 So how do you take your love for a Hobby and turn it into a full-fledged very successful business in record time? It looks like we are going to find out "exactly what it takes" in this week's episode of the Shark Tank Show. Rick and Melissa Hinnant are the owners of Grace & Lace Leg Warmers who have one very interesting story to tell on their rise to the Top in just a few short years. The more I keep learning about the Grace and Lace Company, the more impressed I am with Melissa and Rick and what they have managed to achieve in just the past two years.

Melissa just posted a message on FaceBook that sums up the Grace and Lace rise to the top starting with nothing but a dream and a prayer. As the saying goes "be careful what you wish for" came true when her prayers were soon answered in ways she could have never imagined. The Hinnant's found their niche starting with the Custom Knitted Leg Warmers that's already sold over 50,000 units and grossed over a million dollars in less than two years time. What started out as a fun and creative way to make money from home soon led to hiring all of Melissa's Friends who were also interested in making money while staying at home with their kids.

Surprisingly there are few reviews about Grace & Lace on YouTube but I did find one where this young lady does a good job reviewing Her New Boot Socks and Leg Warmers made by Grace and Lace.





 For any business having this much success in such a short amount of time it's rarely driven by the motivation "just to make money". The motivation to make money alone will only carry you so far if you're not truly passionate about the product and how its success will lead to your ultimate goals in life. Rick and Melissa have a very ambitious ultimate goal that's really more of a mission and has become the fuel to make Grace and Lace the most successful business is can possibly be. The current mission the Hinnants are on is building an Orphanage in India for 50 Homeless Kids in India with their partnership with Angel House. Add this to the countless jobs Grace & Lace has created for stay at home Moms and you have the perfect recipe for success in record time.

Grace and Lace Review Before Shark Tank Update:


 We know from the previews Grace and Lace already had sales in excess of $1.25 million when they went up against the Sharks earlier this summer and "before" the business hit its two year anniversary. How much bigger the business has grown and how many more new Fans especially after the Shark Tank airs, could easily double the total sales figure's making this one heck of a good investment for any of the Sharks on the panel.

Another positive about the Grace and Lace Brand is how popular it has become on the Social Network sites with over 40,000 Likes on Facebook alone. It's always interesting visiting Shark Tank Contestants FaceBook pages a week or so after their appearance and see how much the Fan Base has grown. It's become more like a barometer on how successful the product and more importantly the Entrepreneurs were perceived while on the Shark Tank Show.

 Something tells me the "Grace and Lace Brand" will not have any problems adding thousands of "New Likes" once millions of viewers meet Rick and Melissa Hinnant for the first time. I'm not sure if they get the opportunity to share their "Mission Story" while on the Show but even if they don't, check out the Angel House and see what's the motivation behind making Grace & Lace the most Successful Business it's destined to become.

Visit Grace & Lace Website
Like Grace and Lace on FaceBook
Follow on Twitter
Angel House

16 comments:

  1. I love the name Grace and Lace and I love the Custom Boot Socks/ Leg Warmers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace and Lace is AWESOME! Their products are honestly made with LOVE! Try them and you'll see! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:53 AM

      Products for retail are made for profit not love sheesh

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:04 PM

      When you come from the heart and do something you truly love you succeed! There's NOTHING wrong with making profits lol. Bitter with someone's else success??

      Delete
  3. I am so excited and nervous about the outcome. As a fellow mom and Etsy shop owner who is starting off in a small space in my house, couples like these give me such inspiration and motivation to keep pressing forward. Congratulations to them!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring story as I too just started my business a few months back and stories like this keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these would look cute with ugg boots

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:15 AM

    These products are adorable. I recently ordered some stuff online and I was double charged. I have emailed them 4 times through the contact us link on their website over the past week and a half and I have not heard back from them, or had the addtional charge to my VISA refunded. There is no phone number for you to call them. I cant wait to get the stuff, I hope that eventually someone will call me back so I dont have to pay 2x for these items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like Grace and Lace is putting the cart before the horse! I ordered 3 pairs a month before xmas.. I was informed that 1 of the 3 pair was going to ship after xmas.. I assumed they would go ahead and ship the other 2 pair (since it was never specified in the confirmation) so that they're not putting people in a jam the week of xmas. I was wrong! Partially my fault for assuming but one thing is certain.. Grace and Lace didn't hesitate to charge my card right away!! Being featured on a TV show isn't exactly how I measure success. Delivering your product in a timely manner is a good place to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ordered from them on NOVEMBER 24th! They promptly charged my card and as of today DECEMBER 26th they haven't delivered the card....AND THEY HAVEN'T responded to my emails about why my order HASN'T EVEN Shipped yet. BAD BUSINESS! They list no phone number and don't respond to email. I am getting ready to file with the BBB over this. This is a BAD SHOWING For SHARK TANK. They should investigate the businesses they feature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I placed an order in December 1st and emailed to confirm an arrival by Christmas. As of today (12/30) they still have not arrived. My card has been charged and I have attempted to contact them through email several times about the status of the order and no word back. These socks were ordered as a gift for my sister and honestly I had never heard of this company before her mention of them. The poor customer service and lack of communication is frustrating. I will not be ordering anything from Grace and Lace and at this point I would rather cancel my order and get my sister something different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here, Anna Potter!! They will NOT return my emails from Etsy!! I don't know what to do. Very frustrating. I hope Barbara knows this. I love their products, and I told them I would order more in the future if they can make this right. If not - never again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can one up all of you. I order Dec 2. Promptly charged my card. My order came today. The packaging was horrible. One of the pairs had a very serious pull in it and another pair had a broken snap on the buckle. Don't waste your time. The company seemed like it was a good idea but they got too big too quick and they are now unable to satisfy customers... As evidenced by not only my order but the others above.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rob Ruda12:00 PM

    My wife and I saw them on the Tank and she loved the socks so I ordered two pairs on 11/27 as a surpirse Xmas gift and now its 1/17 and still no delivery, no replies to e-mail or contact via website and no easy way to reach them. They did charge my credit card right away though, shocker !! Not a very impressive business. I am also thinking I should reach out to BBB. Just a scam so far!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter finally got hers, she loves them. The delivery was tough placed on dec 4 received them mid jan. If you need to contact them don't go through etsy email them directly. They will get back to you. I was able to speak with them but I can't remember how I got their number, probably from their customer service department after I emailed them with my number. Anyways good product they do need to post their phone number for customer service

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nooo, the items I wanted SOLD OUT on their web site :<
    I gues it is a good thing for them though :)

    AWESOME stuff, I love them all, I will buy from them.

    ReplyDelete