Kevin O'Leary aka "Mr. Wonderful"
Kevin O'Leary's Shark Tank Investments
Even the Shark Tank needs at least one hard ass and someone you really never know what He's going to say, and Kevin O'Leary, you clearly won the honors. Whether you love him (Mr. Wonderful) or don't kike him (Mr. Jackass) you have to admit, he sure knows how to leave a lasting impression. Maybe it's just me, but he sure seems to have no problem trying to low ball some of the Shark Tank Contestants just to see if they would accept such a ridiculous offer. I guess you never know til you ask and Kevin has no problems throwing out a low ball offer to get things rolling.
Now depending on what the actual product or service is, O'Leary very we'll maybe just the Angel Investor you're looking for. If you have a unique product that the intellectual property could be sold to a large corporation on a royalty basis,
than having someone like Mr. Wonderful negotiating for you would most likely be a great asset and worth making a deal with him. Rest assured, he will squeeze every last penny out if He has a stake in the outcome.
But O'Leary didn't get to the Top being Mr. Wonderful. 100% business 100% of the time is the motto He lives by. He tells it like he sees it and if you don't agree, too bad. "It's Only Business."
Kevin O'Leary on the Shark Tank and The Dragons Den
One of the greatest challenges for any Angel Investor is finding a constant supply of new ideas and business opportunities that need additional funding. The best part of being on the Shark Tank and The Dragons Den is the screening process all entrepreneurs are put through before they even get a chance to pitch their business ideas. This gives Kevin a significant advantage compared to other Angel Investors as he gets an opportunity to make offers in two different Country's that have been selected as the "The Best of the Best." Besides, you can bet Kevin O'Leary is getting paid very well being on Two Very Popular Hit Shows.
How Did Kevin O'Leary become A Billionaire?
O'Leary started a software company in the basement of his home. His mother gave him a $10,000 loan which he used to start a software publishing company called SoftKey. Within short order, Softkey gobbled up at least a half a dozen of his competitors in as many years. O'Leary would go on to acquire several larger companies and eventually The Learning Company which he would eventually move the entire software empire under that name. In 1999 with almost 500 software titles to choose from, O'Leary sold The Learning Company to Mattel for a reported $3.8 billion in which he was mostly paid in stock.
Currently one of Kevin's passions is winemaking under his own brand O'Leary Wines out of Canada. The O'Leary Wines have been a big hit with wine connoisseurs around the World and has already won numerous awards.
When Kevin does not appear on the Shark Tank or the Dragons Den he also runs one of Canada's Largest Mutual Funds that you can find more information on his website at Kevin-Oleary.com. He also has a mentoring section you can get a clearer view how Kevin thinks. One of the posts is titled "Kevin O’Leary’s Four Reasons to Cut Holiday Spending: Keep More by Giving Less." LOL- Would Kevin really do that? It's not as bad as it sounds and worth reading on his blog.
Deals Kevin O'Leary Made On The Shark Tank Season 1
Kevin completed 7 deals during the entire first season
In all the deals he partnered with at least one other Shark.
Companies Kevin O'Leary Invested in Season 2
Kevin O'Leary - Successful Deals Season 3
- Talbott Teas - Kevin buys 35% of the tea business for $250k Cash. (His very first deal completed without another shark)
- Uni-Key Technologies - Kevin partners with Mark Cuban for $400,000.00 and gets a 40% stake in the company.
Kevin's Successful Shark Tank Investments Season 4.
- Buggy Beds Bug Traps gets an investment from all 5 Sharks Kevin O'Leary, Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Barbara Corcoran and Robert Herjevic for a combined $250,000.00 for a 25% equity stake in the business.
- CateApp Privacy App gets a deal with Kevin O'Leary and Daymond John for $75,000.00 and a 30% stake in the business.
- Self Balancing Unicycle SBU makes a deal with Kevin and Robert Herjevic for $300,000.00 and a 33% stake in this super cool form of transportation.
- Transformer Drive Suits ends up closing a deal with O'Leary for $150,000.00 and 30% of the equity. UPDATE: You can now buy one!
- RuckPack Combat Nutrition Gets a Great Deal with Robert Herjevic and Kevin O'Leary for $150,000.00 for only 20% stake in the company, double what Major Dyer was initially asking for.
- Coffee Joulies also makes a Great Deal with 4 Sharks Daymond John, Robert Herjevic, Lori Greiner and Kevin for no equity, but a royalty fee on all Coffee Joulies sold.
- HDYR Sushi gets Kevin O'Leary to write them a million dollar check for only 20% interest in this fastly growing Sushi Bar franchise.
- Lidd Up Lighted Cooler gets a substantial investment from Kevin for $100,000.00 while giving up a third of the equity in this cool invention.
- Wicked Good Cupcakes makes a deal with O'Leary for $75,000.00 cash and gives up no equity. Instead, they'll pay Kevin $1 for every cupcake sold until he gets his money back and then 45 cents from that point on. A Good Deal?
- Me-Ma's Gumbo Bricks hands over 50% of the business to Lori Greiner and Kevin O'Leary for $200,000.00 cash.
- Verbalize It Live Translation App decides to go with Kevin instead of Mark Cuban and Robert Herjevic with a $250,000.00 investment for only 20% stakes in this very profitable business.
Kevin O'Leary is very active on Twitter with usually a few tweets a day. He currently has over 63,000 followers. O'Learly's twitter address is
Visit Kevin O'Leary's Official Website
Kevin O'Leary on the Dragons Den