Daymond John on Shark Tank
|Daymond John battling it out with Kevin O'Leary|
on the Shark Tank Show
Daymond John and FUBU
Understanding the importance of branding at an early age, John started putting the FUBU logo on everything from t-shirts to jerseys. The FUBU brand was catching on but needed a boost. John desperately needed a loan to set up the FUBU Factory to mass produce his line. He was denied a bank loan 27 times in a row but he still refused to give up on his dream. Most people would give up after hearing NO after the 3rd or 4th bank, but this just made Daymond more determined than ever that to succeed no matter what the "experts say".
Daymond eventually was able to secure a second mortgage that was "just enough" and a little risky no doubt, but John kept focusing on the bigger picture. In his mind FUBU was ALREADY an International Brand.
The big marketing boost came from an old friend from his neighborhood by the name of L.L.Cool J. The FUBU Brand has continued to grow in popularity with sales now totaling in excess of $6 billion. Not too bad for a kid with a big dream that refused to take no for an answer and changed the entire fashion world in the process. Not surprising, Johns favorite books are "Think and Grow Rich" and "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". These are two classic books that many multi-millionaires and billionaires ALL HAVE IN COMMON.
Daymond John's Invests in 10 Businesses During Season One
Daymond's Successful Deals Season 1
Successful Deals Season 2
- First defense Nasal Spray - Co-Owner with Kevin O'Leary & Mark Cuban for 750k and 30%.
- HillBilly Brand - Bought with Jeff Foxworthy& Robert Herjevic for 75k and 7% royalty.
- Sweep Easy - Daymond buys 33% stake for $75k.
- Wurkin Stiffs - Buys 20% for 100k with Daymond John
- FlipOutz - Made deal for $100k and 33% stake with Robert Herjevic & Kevin O'Leary
- One Sole - Daymond John goes into the sole business for $500k and 35% of the business.
Daymond John Successful Deals Season 3
- The Last Lid - Gets 60% of the company for $40k.
- Litter Jewelry - Daymond goes in the deal with Mark Cuban for $80k for 51% of the company.
- Go Go Gear - Buys a 50% stake for $300k Cash.
- EZ VIP - Daymond goes in with Mark Cuban and gets 15% equity stake for $150k.
- ReKixx Sneakers - Deal for 80% of the company for $50k
- Billy Blanks "Dance With Me - Daymond and Mark go in 50/50 for $100k.
Successful Deals in Season 4
- Buggy Beds - All 5 Sharks take a bite out of the Bug Bed Business for $250k and 25% of the business.
- Cate App - Goes in with Kevin O'Leary for a combined $70k and gets a 35% stake in the company.
- Rock Bands Brand - Makes a deal with Mark Cuban for 40% of the company for a combined $100k investment.
- Cozy Bugs - Daymond invests $50k for 30% interest. Sales expected to hit $20 million this year!
- Pro-NRG Energy Drink - Buys into the energy drink for $250k for a 30% stake in the company.
- Coffee Joulies gets a deal with four of the Sharks Daymond, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner and Robert Herjevic for a combined total of $150,000.00 with no equity but based on a royalty fee for every Coffee Joulies sold.
- Sound Bender Daymond John invests $54,000.00 for a 40% equity stake in this high margin business.
- Get Grinds Coffee Pouches gets an investment with Daymond and Robert Herjevic for $75,000.00 with a combined equity stake of only 15%.
- Jeska Shoe Company gets taken over by Daymond when he invests $70,000.00 for a whopping 70% of this very unique shoe company.
- Lose 12" with Ryan "Cowboy" Daymond John now has a personal trainer that invests $125,000.00 for a 25% stake in Ryan's DVDs.
- GoBIE H2O Water Bottle was a great investment for Daymond that now controls 40% of the business for only $300,000.00 cash.
- Mission Belt with No Holes Daymond John ponies up $50,000.00 for a 37% stake in this patented belt buckle. They sold over $500,000.00 worth within 10 days after the Shark Tank Show first aired.
- Total: 12 New Investments for Daymond John in Season 4.
Daymond John Motivational Speaker
Daymond is such an inspiration that he is a motivational speaker in high demand. He is also an accomplished writer with two books "Display of Power" and "The Brand Within". You can find both books at Daymond's Store on His Official Website.
Daymond John's Net Worth+Daymond John has made the majority of his money from being the Founder, CEO and President of the FUBU Brand. John's net worth is currently in excess of $100,000,000.00 and climbing fast as more successful deals are completed on the Shark Tank Show.
Get A Hold Of Daymond JohnDaymond John's Twitter @TheSharkDaymond
Daymond John - Website
Daymond John - LinkedIn