Hungry Harvest on Shark Tank
Ugly Produce Delivery Service - Episode 715 - January 8, 2016
Ugly Produce Delivery Business
Shark Tank in Episode 715
The entrepreneur behind the Hungry Harvest Ugly Produce Subscription Service is Evan Lutz, who will appear by himself on this Episode of the Shark Tank. Evan started the Hungry Harvest in Baltimore, MD in May 2014, with a multi-tired mission turning ugly produce being thrown away into a successful business worthy of a Shark Tank appearance. At first, I wasn't sure what to think about this business model. Can you really take the biggest negative concerning your product and turn it into a positive with a little bit of reverse psychology?
Who cares if the fruits and vegetables are not the perfect color or size and maybe even a little ugly?
Anyone that's grown a garden knows that's not how Mother Nature operate's. And yet we as a society throw away billions of pounds of perfectly good fruits and vegetables because it doesn't meet the grocery store's standards when displaying.
Hungry Harvest Delivery Pros vs. Cons
Pros using the Hungry Harvest Monthly Subscription
- A big bag of fruits and vegetables delivered to your door every week.
- Hungry Harvest averages 20-30% cheaper than grocery stores.
- Hungry Harvest donates one free meal for every bag of fruits and vegetables delivered to your door.
- Hungry Harvest also donates all their excess produce to food kitchens leaving nothing to waste.
- It's a Shark Tank Product :-)
Cons getting a Hungry Harvest Monthly Subscription
- The produce might have an ugly appearance (odd shape, color not perfect, etc.) compared to the perfectly displayed fruits and vegetables found in the supermarket.
- Limited Distribution. Currently, Hungry Harvest is only available in the Baltimore, Maryland area. It needs a Shark Tank sized investment to grow the ugly fruits and vegetable business around the country.
Hungry Harvest Shark Tank Audition VideoIf there's one thing I like watching almost as much as new Shark Tank Episodes, is the Audition Video's that ultimately landed them on the Show. O.K., maybe Evan Lutz went a little overboard on His Shark Tank Audition Video but does an excellent job explaining how to turn the Hungry Harvest Ugly Produce into a profitable business.
Watch the Hungry Harvest on the Shark Tank this Friday night, January 8, 2016, and see if the Sharks will take a bite out of the Ugly Produce Subscription Service
Hungry Harvest Website